I am beyond excited to be finished the education program and heading into the teaching profession.  I have learned so much about myself and what kind of teacher I want to be, as well as what works and doesn’t work in the classroom.

They say you teach who you are, and that is so true.  Who I am as a person greatly influences who I am as a teacher and how I teach.  I am empathetic, and use that to connect with my students so I can better teach to who they are, and I try to bring positivity into every situation.  I love the outdoors and adventuring, so I try to bring nature and the outdoors into my teaching.  This is a more straightforward accomplishment in schools that have an outdoor classroom and more moderate temperatures (even if the weather is typically bad), but I’ve found ways to bring learning outside or the outdoors inside even when the temperature and weather are less cooperative.  I love building and creating things, so making learning hands-on is a huge part of my teaching.

I know that who I am as a person and a teacher is going to continue to change and adjust as I go through my teaching career.  I will always be learning and growing, and I know that that is an important thing to demonstrate to my students.  We are always learning, always growing, always changing, and having a positive attitude towards those things is so important and can lead to so many discoveries about yourself and the world around you.

I am ready to begin my teaching journey in my own class in January (4/5 split!) and I am so excited to see how this new experience shapes who I become as a teacher outside of practicums.